The RCI Foundation is excited to announce the first recipients of the Robert W. Lyons and Lewis W. Newlan scholarships. The Lyons scholarship is for $5,000 and is specifically for undergraduate education expenses for students studying construction sciences, architecture, or engineering. The Newlan scholarship is for $2,500 and is open to both undergraduate and graduate students, again for studies in construction sciences, architecture, or engineering. Scholarship winners are selected based on financial need, letters of recommendation, and the student’s request for consideration.
Robert W. Lyons Scholarship recipients:
- Albert A. of Maplewood, NJ is senior studying construction engineering at Columbia University.
- Sarah Reynolds of Milton, ON is a senior studying project management at Conestoga College .
Lewis W. Newlan recipients:
- Michevi Dufflart of Bronx, NY is a junior studying civil engineering at Manhattan College.
- Aminah Khan of Crestview, FL is a graduate student studying systems engineering at Effat University.
- Zainab Khan of Crestview, FL is a graduate student studying electrical and computer engineering at Effat University.
- Leah Lansdowne of New Haven, CT is a senior studying mechanical engineering at University of New Haven.
- Meagan Ley of New Haven, MO is a senior studying architecture at Drury University.
- Catherine McDiarmid of Pittsboro, NC is a junior studying building science and interior design at Appalachian State University.
- Mason Nobile of Elora, ON is a junior studying architecture management at Conestoga College.
- Leigh Poschner of Waterloo, ON is junior studying project management at Conestoga College.
- Ralph Wiser of Austin, TX is a senior studying mechanical engineering at the University of Texas – Austin.
- Alexander Young of Woodstock, ON is a junior studying architectural sciences at Conestoga College.