In November of 2017, a group comprised of the RCI Board of Directors, some RCI staff, and a few additional RCI members, both young and old, met after the annual leadership development workshop to update RCI’s strategic plan. The session was overseen by a neutral outside party who specializes in creating strategic plans for organizations and businesses of all sizes and types.
Those present started by reviewing the previous strategic plan, looking at which of its long-term goals had been accomplished, which needed revising, and which, if any, were no longer relevant. The Core Purpose and Core Values were left mostly untouched.
Below are some of the highlights of the new Strategic Plan.
Core Ideology (Timeless)
Core Ideology describes an organization’s consistent identity that transcends all changes related to its relevant environment. Core ideology consists of two elements: Core Purpose or Mission – the organization’s reason for being; and Core Values – essential and enduring principles that guide the behavior of an organization.
To advance the profession of building envelope (roofing, waterproofing, and exterior wall) consultants.
- Ethical, independent, objective, and unbiased practice
- Pursuit and exchange of knowledge
- Commitment to the industry
- Practical sustainability
Long-term Envisioned Future (10+ Years)
The envisioned future conveys a concrete yet unrealized future for the organization. It consists of a vision –a clear and compelling catalyst that serves as a focal point for effort and a vivid description that is a vibrant and engaging description of what it will be like to achieve the vision.
RCI will be universally recognized as the leading authority for roofing, waterproofing, and exterior wall consulting.
- All stakeholders of the building envelope industry utilize RCI, Inc. as their primary resource for understanding the building envelope and connecting with building envelope consultants.
- RCI continues to champion the interests of its consultant members.
- RCI is recognized as the leading authority in BEC registrations and certifications.
- RCI members are equipped to achieve business and industry success.
- Chapters are experiencing greater success and effectiveness through RCI’s support.
The plan is available on our website under Member Resources in the Governance section.
You can download a PDF of the strategic plan in its entirety.