News by Chapter: Chicago Area Chapter | Florida Chapter | Portland Chapter
IIBEC Chicago Chapter Announces Educational Event
By IIBEC Chicago Area Chapter Vice President Patrick Reicher
The IIBEC Chicago Area Chapter will host a fall meeting, program, and holiday social on Friday, November 22, 2019. The chapter invites all to join them for an afternoon of great speakers, networking, and catching up with friends and colleagues. Attendees can earn 2.0 CEHs. Five dollars of each registration fee will be donated to Ann & Robert H. Lurie Children’s Hospital of Chicago. Get more information and register for this event online at: https://www.cac-rci.org/event-registration/.
IIBEC Florida Chapter Hosts Successful Events
By IIBEC Florida Chapter Director Raquel Eagle
On July 12, 2019, the IIBEC Florida Chapter hosted an educational program worth 5 IIBEC CEHs. The following seminars were presented:
- “Vegetative Roofing,” by Ephrain Trujillo of Soprema
- “Modern Roofing Technology: Self-Adhered Modified Bitumen,” by Marco Sieber of Polyglass
- “Managing Condensation Water Intrusion in the Real World,” by Guy Long of PROSOCO
- “Post-Construction Moisture Evaluation,” by Ron Kough, RRO, of Roof Assessment Specialists, Inc.
- “Specifying Fenestration—Understanding the Consultant’s Purpose in the Process,” by Ron Doddridge, FMPC, of National Testing Services
The event was sponsored by DuroLast, Soprema, Tremco, Tropical Roofing Products, and Versico. The IIBEC Florida Chapter also appreciates their annual sponsors, APOC, Derbigum, FiberTite, Polyglass, and USG.
On September 20, 2019, the IIBEC Florida Chapter hosted another educational event, with the following topics and speakers:
- “NSF/ANSI: 347: Architects’ Guide to Specifying Sustainable Single-Ply Membranes,” by Cameron Guerrero of Duro-Last
- “2020 HVHZ Low-Slope Design Challenges,” by Michael Goolsby, RRC, of Miami-Dade County
- “2020 HVHZ Low-Slope Design Challenges, Continued,” by Boris Sursky of Miami-Dade County
- “Resiliency and Roof Design,” by Mary Beth Reed of GAF
- “Concrete Repair: Parking Decks and Façades,” by Walt Hanford of Increte
The chapter also presented awards to Michael Schuman, RRC, CDT, and Michael Goolsby, RRC, recognizing their contributions to the chapter.
IIBEC Portland Chapter Will Host Events
By IIBEC Portland Chapter Administrator Susie Sirovatka
The IIBEC Portland Chapter will host Roof Technology & Science I on November 14-15, 2019, at the Monarch Hotel & Conference Center in Clackamas, OR. The class will be taught by Mike Caniglia, RBEC, RRO, of Wetherholt & Associates, Inc. and Aaron Nelson, RBEC, RRO, of Roofing Technical Services. There will be a bonus program on Thursday night presented by Phil Dregger, F-IIBEC, RRC, PE, entitled “Mechanical Exhaust Vents and Condensation.” Additional information is on their website at: http://www.portlandrci.com/.
Nov. 1, 2019: Georgia Chapter Stanley Gerson Annual Golf Outing
Nov. 6, 2019: Northern California Chapter Technical Dinner Meeting
Nov. 14, 2019: Portland Chapter Meeting & Education Presentation
Nov. 15, 2019: Southern Ontario Chapter Rooftop Quality Assurance
Nov. 18, 2019: North Texas Chapter Lunch and Learn
Nov. 21, 2019: Canadian Prairies Chapter Lunch and Learn – Document Peer Review | Mid-South Chapter Chapter Meeting, Planning Meeting
Nov. 22, 2019: Chicago Area Chapter Fall Meeting and Program and Holiday Social