Policy Statements are declarations made by RCI, Inc. to policy-makers, the public, and the construction industry on issues of public policy affecting the membership, consulting practice, and RCI, Inc. and represent RCI’s informed views, opinions, and core priorities. These Policy Statements consist of Position Statements and Technical Advisories.
Position Statements address major technical, professional, social, political, and educational issues of interest to the industry, community, and the nation, and reflect the beliefs of the membership of RCI, Inc.
- RCI Position Statement on Building Codes and Standards – April 2014
- RCI Position Statement on the Environmental Impact of Consulting Activities – April 2014
- RCI Position Statement on Procurement – June 2012
- RCI Position Statement on Procurement – Support Document – June 2012
- RCI and SWRI – Joint Position Statement on Sustainable Construction – May 2012
RCI Technical Advisories
Technical Advisories describe and convey RCI, Inc.’s positions and information concerning timely technical issues and are presented in the form of white papers, commentaries, or other analyses, supported by objective, sound research and technical documentation.
- Technical Advisory No. 11, 2016 – Black Staining and Flow from Self-Adhesive, Bituminous-Based Wall Flashings – May 2016
- Technical Advisory No. 10, 2016 – Corrosion Issues Related to Bagasse Fiberboard Roof Insulation in the Gulf States Region of the United States – May 2016
- Technical Advisory No. 9, 2015 – Fire-Retardant-Treated Wood – August 2015
- Technical Advisory No. 8, 2015 – Self-Adhesive, Modified-Bitumen Roofing Products and Systems – July 2015
- Technical Advisory No.7, 2014 – A Roof Dilemma: Surface Defects Requiring Repair or Surface Imperfections Not Requiring Repair? – May 2014
- Technical Advisory No.6, 2014 – PCBs Present in Sealants – May 2014
- Fasteners and Self-Sealability of Weather-Resistive Barriers – May 2014
- Technical Advisory No.4, 2013 – Concerns Related to Water-Based Adhesives for Use in Roofing — December 2013
- Technical Advisory No.3, 2013 – Issues with ANSI/SPRI ES-1 – December 2013
- Technical Advisory No.1, 2011 – Issues with Code-Compliant Brick Veneer in Residential Construction – November 2011
- Technical Advisory No.2, 2011 – Recent Changes in the Determination of Wind Loads on Roofs as Outlined by ASCE-7 – December 2011 [updated January 2013]