On October 27-28, 2016, the Carolinas Chapter of RCI, Inc. will host an RCI educational session at the Double Tree Charlotte Airport in Charlotte, NC. This two-day course is an aimed at the practicing waterproofing consultant or designer and at those just getting into this field. Although the term “waterproofing” can refer to many segments of a building, this course is limited to plaza decks, terraces, below-grade walls, and floor slabs. This course provides a good review or learning experience for those aiming to earn their RCI Registered Waterproofing Consultant – RWC® designation.
Highlights of the program include:
- Concepts unique to waterproofing
- Negative and positive systems, including lagging
- Proper drainage
- Concrete performance, problems, and repair
- Surface and below-grade water management
- Detailed description of materials and systems unique to waterproofing
- Vegetative roof design principles
- Waterproofing specifications and details
- Waterproofing case studies
The sessions will run from 8 to 5 on both days. The cost is $500 for RCI members and $650 for nonmembers. The program includes a course textbook, continental breakfast at 7:30 a.m., and an afternoon break. Rooms can be reserved at the Double Tree Charlotte Airport, 2600 Yorkmont Rd., Charlotte, NC by calling 800-222-8733 or 704-357-9100. To receive the group room rate of $169 a night plus tax, please mention that you are with RCI Carolinas. You must register by October 11 to receive this special rate. Hotel parking is complimentary for RCI guests.