Much of the program focuses on ASCE wind design calculations.
Students practice in-class problem solving.
- Wind issues and wind design, including: FM Global 1-49 and 1-52.
- Calculation methods for both ASCE-7 and FM Global wind uplift evaluations. Students will perform practice calculations.
- Roof edge design to prevent wind blow-off, including ANSI/SPRI ES-1 and FM Global 1-49.
- Drainage calculation techniques for internal and external drains, including tapered insulation design. Students will perform practice calculations.
- Roof drainage techniques, including calculation methods for tapered insulation designs.
- ASCE wind design calculations. Students will perform practice calculations.
- 16 Continuing Educational Hours (CEHs) from RCI.
- 16 Learning Units (LUs) from the American Institute of Architects.
Approved for Health Safety and Welfare credit.
Registration: 7:30 am
Program Time: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
A continental breakfast and a coffee/soda break are provided. Lunch is up to the attendee.
Available on-site, or as a contract course.
Register to Attend
Browse the RCI event calendar for an educational program offered near you.