Region II Offers Educational Program in Georgia
Region II will be hosting an educational program on July 29, 2016 at the Hilton Garden Inn Atlanta Airport/Millennium Center in College Park, GA.
Registrants will be eligible for RCI Continuing Educational Hours (CEHs) and AIA learning units (LUs).
There is limited tabletop exhibit space available for $250, which includes one registration for the program. Early registration will cost $80 for RCI members and $90 for nonmembers until July 15, 2016. After that date, prices increase to $90 for RCI members and $100 for nonmembers. Breakfast and lunch are included with each registration. Call the hotel at 866-454-5766 or 404-766-0303 to reserve a hotel room. Use the group name RCI Inc. – Region II Meeting. Room rates are $135 per night for single or double, plus tax and fees. There is a complimentary airport shuttle to and from the hotel, and self-parking is available in a gated lot at $8 per vehicle.
The program schedule follows.
- 7:30-8:30 a.m.: Registration, continental breakfast, visit tabletop displays and network
- 8:30-10:00 a.m.: “Stone Wool: A Sustainable Insulating Alternative to Foam Plastics” by
Michael Maguire, Roxul USA, Inc., Byhalia, MS
- 10:00-10:30 a.m.: Break, visit tabletop displays and network
10:30 a.m.-12:00 p.m.: “Air Barriers: Purpose, Technologies, and Challenges” by
Jennifer Kelly, USG Corporation, Chicago, IL
12:00-1:00 p.m.: Lunch
1:00-1:30 p.m.: Region II business meeting
- 1:30-3:00 p.m.: “Design, Performance Modeling, and Mock-Up Testing of Custom Curtain Wall Systems” by Christopher Norris – Walter P. Moore & Associates, Inc., Atlanta, GA
- 3:00-3:15 p.m.: Break, visit tabletop displays and network
- 3:15-4:45 p.m.: “Code Requirements for Reroofing Projects” by Derek Cundiff – Cornett & Cundiff, Inc., Roanoke, VA